While office parties tend to be much tamer than the average house party, you could still end up with sticky floors, dirty countertops, and other messes. If you are planning to throw a holiday celebration in your workplace this year, there are a few things you should consider beforehand and a few helpful tricks to keep in your back pocket when it comes time to clean it all up.
Here are a few critical points to consider when preparing for or cleaning up after a holiday office party:
- Round up all the trash at once. As with any effective cleaning strategy, it’s best to do the easy stuff first, like picking up plastic cups, used cutlery, and food containers. Take a lap around your office and gather trash into a large plastic bag. Once this is done, you’ll be able to spot more potentially hazardous messes, such as spills.
- Take down your decorations early on. You’re bound to overlook messes and potential safety hazards if you can’t see them (or if they’re obscured by holiday decorations). After you finish rounding up your trash, you might consider putting your Christmas trees, garlands, etc. back into storage so that you can ensure your entire area gets the clean it needs.
- Sometimes soap and water aren’t enough. Keeping your counters and floors clear is different from keeping them clean, and some messes require chemicals or other advances cleaning methods.
- Floor cleaning MUST be done right. Speaking of things that can’t be cleaned with mere soap and water, floor cleaning may require you to use specific cleaning methods or get professional assistance. You may need to get your floors re-waxed, scrubbed of sticky substances, and thoroughly sanitized in order to keep holiday party spills from causing workplace injuries or health hazards in your office.
- Don’t let carpet spills go unattended. If your carpet has been soiled during a holiday gathering, setting a paper towel on top or attempting to sop up the excess fluid may be a good start, but this won’t keep mold and mildew from developing and posing a health threat to the workers in your office. Carpet messes call for professional commercial cleaning service, and Anago at Anago Cleaning Systems is here to help.
COMMERCIAL CLEANING SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS
At Anago Cleaning Systems, we provide commercial cleaning services for office buildings in Las Vegas and throughout Clark County. If you need help getting your office back in good shape following a holiday celebration, we’re here to provide thorough green cleaning services using state-of-the-art technology.
Connect with a member of Anago today by calling (702) 478-3398 or send us a message to receive a free quote.