Hurricane Dorian’s fly-by of Florida and most of the Eastern seaboard was a huge wake-up call to those of us living in hurricane territory. As our thoughts and prayers are with all affected – especially our friends in the Bahamas – we want to take a moment to share some important information and to provide you with some tips on keeping your businesses safe and clean during the height of hurricane season.
First and foremost, the Anago family is committed to helping our friends and neighbors in need. At our headquarters in Pompano Beach, FL, we’ve set up a location point for donations (see address below). We are working with our local Fire Department to ensure the timely delivery of your donations directly to the people of the Bahamas. They are desperate for help and in many cases have lost everything. The Bahamian Government has requested the following items (for a full list, please see our LinkedIn page):
- Non-perishable food
- Hygiene kits
- Cleaning supplies
- Baby food/formula
- And much more (please see LinkedIn page link above for full list)
For the many businesses that may have been affected by Hurricane Dorian, you are not alone. Anago is there to help and we want to offer a few tips to get started on your clean-up. Whether you are an Anago client or not, please do not hesitate to call your local Anago location to ask any questions or have us come by to discuss your particular cleaning needs. Here are a few precautions (not a full list) to take to ensure a safe and effective clean up after flooding caused by hurricanes (or other flooding situation):
- First – BE SAFE. Please inspect the area for downed power lines or other dangers that may be lurking. If you are unsure, please do not investigate the area yourself. Contact your local power company to learn of any downed power lines or other related damage to your area. Shut off your gas and electricity while you survey the damage!
- Wearing protective gear, begin removing water, humidity and any dry porous materials. Shovel out mud, sand and debris.
- Once these steps are complete, then you will want to scrub walls, floors, all surface areas, and then disinfect with a bleach solution. This will ensure that all contaminates, or bacteria are removed.
- Dry all the areas including the use of a dehumidifier or atmospheric water generator.
Please keep safe during this hurricane season!
Donation Drop off location: 20 SW 27th Avenue, Suite 100, Pompano Beach, FL 33069.
**We will be accepting donations until Friday, September 13th, 2019.