No Shadow! Spring Arrives Early!
When our furry little friend, Phil from Punxsutawney, announced an early Spring, people were eager to turn their thoughts to blooming tulips or baseball season. We at Anago Cleaning Systems are a bit different. The first association we make with spring? Clean! The second? Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! Anago is here to get you through both.
Spring Clean Your Spring Cleaning
(For your home) We know that you’re aware of how to Spring clean your home, but in case you forgot, check out our previous blog here. What you might forget is how to clean your cleaning equipment to make sure your Spring clean is clean (yes, the operative word here is CLEAN!).
Here are five things to do before ‘getting your clean on’:
- Make sure you have a good hand duster. Dusters made of ostrich feathers naturally trap particulates in their weaves.
- Buy new rubber gloves as they will protect your skin from harsh cleaners and germs.
- Get a good mop (probably time to buy a new one). Microfiber mops are ideal and can be re-used. Look for mop heads that can be thrown in the laundry when done.
- Buy new sponges! Using old ones just spreads germs and bad odors.
- Clean your vacuum. Yes, cleaning out your vacuum can help clear airflow and remove dust/bacteria particles from the previous use.
(For your business) …easy, call Anago and we will come out and discuss your Spring, and year-round, cleaning needs.
Shamrock Philosophy: Two People Shorten a Road
Done with your Spring cleaning? Good, because St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. If you don’t celebrate St. Paddy’s Day with corned beef, cabbage and green beer, that’s ok. If you do, and you get in a jam between a leprechaun and his green beer, it may get messy (and it won’t be the leprechaun’s fault).
Here are some tips to get out that green dye from flooring surfaces:
- Wipe up excess spillage with a cloth or sponge dipped in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and wipe dry.
- Dab the stain with a pad soaked in rubbing alcohol (make sure the pad is absorbent and rubbing alcohol is safe for your floors). Let it sit for a few while you go find a four-leaf clover, then wipe with an ammonia dampened cloth (don’t use ammonia though on linoleum or vinyl tile floors).
- Rinse well with warm sudsy water and re-wipe with clear water.
- Dry and polish or wax the surface.
Green beer on the floor at your place of business? Easy! Call Anago because partnering with us makes the long journey of daily cleaning pass more quickly, efficiently and much cleaner. So, don’t worry and go back to searching for that pot of gold at the end of a rainbow…we’ll take care of the rest.
We wish you a clean Spring and a Happy St. Patrick’s Day.