We at Anago Cleaning Systems headquarters are located in sunny, warm south Florida. Because we love and respect you so much, we want to help those in chillier, nastier climates this winter. Keeping your car clean is never more important than in winter when the elements, salt and other chemicals can damage both the inside and outside of your car.
We present our guide to keeping your car clean in winter. Actually these tips are not bad for those of us blessed with year-round warmth too. So protect your car when it needs it the most and you’ll find you’ll have it longer because you did.
- Wash the car frequently – If you get some warmer days above freezing, do hose or power wash your car’s exterior to keep the dirt and grime to a minimum. Visiting a car wash is obviously an option but you’ll feel better and more accomplished taking care of it yourself. Or don’t.
- Do go to the car wash – We know, we just told you to do it yourself, but occasionally a trip to the car wash is best. Specifically, you want to wash the undercarriage of your car, which will be difficult at best from your driveway, and we don’t want to see anyone getting hurt.
- Knock it off – If you have a build-up of snow and sand and salt along your car, remove it with a broom, a scraper or just kick it off. But don’t let it sit there, eating at your paint job and contributing to early rust.
- Warm up the car- If you must do your car washing at a sub-freezing temperature, drive your car around the block a few times to get it warmed up. You don’t want your efforts to result in more ice on your car, and less cleaning as a result.
- Dry cleaning – After you clean your car, do dry it off well. In order, we recommend: Chamois, Cloth lint-free diapers (your car IS your baby, isn’t it?), or microfiber dryer towels. If you don’t you may ice up your doors and windows.
- Rubber to the road – Replace your cloth floor mats with rubber mats for the winter. You’ll thank us in the spring.
- Wheely important – Take care of your tires and wheels – they take the brunt of winter road conditions. Keep them clean and free of debris, or as much as you can this time of year.
- Wax on, Wax off – After you’ve cleaned your car, apply a coat of wax to help further protect it moving forward.
With the coldest months of the year upon us, it’s important to take these precautions and actions to keep your car in tip-top shape. Have a great winter, keep the car clean and enjoy a hot chocolate by the fire.